On January 21, FCPH is opening appointments for those who are 75 years of age and older who would like to receive a COVID-19 vaccine.
All appointments for the week of January 25th have been filled.
During the week of February 1, FCPH will offer appointments for those who are 70 years of age and older who would like to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. Please check back for details on when those appointments will open for scheduling.
Please do not show up unless you have an appointment. Walk-ins will be turned away. Avoid showing up early – you will have to wait until your scheduled appointment time. If you have an appointment, you are guaranteed a vaccine. The vaccine clinic is scheduled for January 25 and January 26, 2021 and is located at 1700 Morse Rd, Columbus, 43229.
For other COVID-19 questions, not related to making appointments, our information line is (614) 525-3097.
The scheduling system will ask you to register. Once you do, you will receive a One-Time Password (OTP) via email to schedule. Please check your SPAM and junk folders if you do not see the email.
Print the following forms to bring with you to the clinic, if possible. It not, forms are provided at the clinic.
- Once you receive your initial dose, you will be contacted again via email to schedule your second dose the week it is due.
- Do not come to the clinic if you are sick.
- You cannot schedule an appointment or attend this clinic if you have been exposed to COVID in the last 14 days.
- Staff will be in the parking lot to make sure your paperwork is completed.
- Wheelchairs will be available on a limited basis at clinic.
- Door drop off will be available.
- You can bring one person to assist you at the clinic. Others will not be allowed in due to social distancing safety precautions.
- It is possible that it may be hard to hear at the clinic.
- Handicap parking spots will be available.
- Staff will give you a handout with post-vaccine information.
- If you have recovered from COVID-19, you must wait 20 days before getting the vaccine. You cannot schedule an appointment at this clinic.
- You cannot schedule an appointment or attend this clinic if have received passive antibody therapy (monoclonal antibodies or convalescent serum) as treatment for COVID-19 in the last 90 days.
- If you have had a severe reaction after receiving a COVID-19 vaccine or component of COVID-19 vaccine, please do not schedule an appointment.
Please keep in mind that other providers have also received a limited supply of the vaccine and this may be a better option for you.
Columbus Public Health is also providing vaccines. Columbus residents can schedule an appointment by calling (614) 645-1519 between 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday.